Confusion about getting to recovery mode

For the life of me, I cannot manage to get into recovery mood to get the key to unlock the bootloader. The JingPad doesn’t appear to have an actual “turn off” feature, as long-pressing the power button causes it to fully reboot, so I don’t actually know when I need to start and stop holding the power and volume-down keys. Here’s what I’ve tried:

From lock screen, hold power until menu comes up, select “Close”. Logo immediately appears, then screen blanks. Then logo appears again. Screen blanks, then the device vibrates, and the logo appears again. Then the logo disappears, and reappears again. Finally, the logo is replaced by the lock screen.

From lock screen, hold power for 6-8 seconds. Screen blanks, then the device vibrates, and the logo appears again. Then the logo disappears, and reappears again. Finally, the logo is replaced by the lock screen.

From lock screen, hold power and volume down. After a few seconds, screen blanks, but as long as these buttons are held nothing else happens – ever. Whenever I let go, it reboots to the lock screen.

From lock screen, Hold power button for 6-8 seconds. Screen blanks, then I let go of the power button and hold volume-down. Immediately the device vibrates and a logo appears. Let go of volume-down. The logo disappears, reappears, and is replaced by the lock screen.

Same thing as above but only let go of volume down the second time the logo appears. Same result.

The same sort of thing happens if I choose “close” while unlocked. Regardless of when I start holding volume-down and when I let it go, and regardless of whether I’m also holding down power, it either just hangs until I let go, or it finds itself at the lock screen

I’ve also tried running the “poweroff” command in the terminal, but it reboots the device to the lock screen.

Does anybody have a detailed, concise explanation of exactly how to shut down the device or exactly when to hit which buttons? I’ve confirmed that I’m hitting volume down (the button on the right), and I’ve tried these steps with volume-up instead. It’s driving me a little batty, the number of times I’ve restarted the device in an attempts to reach this stage!

If you gave a C1 unite, it’s impossible to get into recovery with hardware.

It you use JingOS you can use this command :

sudo reboot -f recovery

If you use JingDroid (android) you can plug your phone into a computer with adb tools and usb debugging on and then run this command :

adb reboot recovery

If you use Linux you might need to run it as root

sudo reboot -f recovery worked well, and I rebooted into fastboot mode, so I’m definitely a step farther on than before.

Now I can move onto figuring out using adb (I’ve used it before, but too long ago for it to count) and fastboot_A1. Thanks for the help!

I tried to do a factory reset from the menu on the UI. The tablet locked up and i had to power down. Now i have the same problem . The screen stops on the JingPad icon and it is impossible to get into recovery mode , the unit will not shut down and the windows PC does not recognise it anymore. How is it possible to make a device that cannot be turned off? Even tried the power and volume keys with a flat battery before powering up and back to the same screen. Any ideas to get past this? All the same issues as jcholewa describes

The only way I know is to flash again with the flashtool and everything should be like it was before.

Be aware that it will erease everything

I have since discovered that after pressing the power button and holding the machine reboots 3 times After the third time the icon goes slightly brighter and then the screen goes dead The machine is now off So if you wait a few minutes if should not restart again by itself
Took some time to figure this one out but I have now got UT running and a far better outcome that the Jingos was

1 Like