It’s running on raspi 3b…
@netson99 great work!
I have a question, all the hardware is working well?
RPi3 has the following specs:
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 100 Base Ethernet
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Upgraded switched Micro USB power source up to 2.5A
Here is my rpi3 connection for testing:
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- HDMI monitor
- Ethernet port
All those are working well.
@netson99 hi~can you show more detail about how to build a rootfs from JingOS‘s opensource project ?I want to build a total images for Arm/Arm64 deivces too.Thanks!
Here is my Development Setup :
- I use ubuntu 21,04 for development and for RPI3 images. Here is the link :
Ubuntu Server 21.04 arm64 iso :
Ubuntu 21.04 arm64 preinstalled desktop image :
I use qemu-system-aarch64 for development and testing :
with this setup :
- CPU: a53
- Memory : 4 GB
- Hardisk : 100GB
For Jingos Development, I use kdesrc-build. Here is my setup :
Install dependencies requirement for kde plasma build. I use dependencies packages from this link :
For setting up the kdesrc-build and building guidence; I use this link as a guidance :
Get Involved/development - KDE Community Wiki
Here is my terminal screen shoot of kwin building :
RPi 3B setup :
- Deploy the ubuntu 21.04 preinstalled desktop arm64 image into sd card.
- Run and follow the screen to setup the ubuntu desktop.
- After Desktop setup is finish, run terminal and Install the kde plasma dependency as listed on this link :
- Install sddm and select sddm as default login manager.
- Install openssh server; to remote acces the RPi 3 for debuging purposes.
- Copy the Jingos build in to RPi by using the same directory structure on the development machine.
- For setting up the JingOS, I use the configuration from jingos x86 v0.9 iso.
And here is some screen of RPi 3B jingos arm64 :
JingOS on RPi 3B startup :
Applications test video :
- Debuging Jingos startup :
- setup ssh connection from PC to RPi 3B
- watch the wayland session logging : in ~/.local/share/sddm/wayland-session.log
- note any error and try to solved it (ie. dependencies error)
- here is a video of the ssh sessions :
- There is a lot of patching and error fix on the building process (ie. dependency problem, source code fix etc). So knowledge of CMake and KDE Plasma are required.
Thank you for the detailed description!
Thanks @netson99 ,
does the graphics acceleration work?
And so it begins!! Great work. Thanks for posting so much detail for those wanting to get it running on other devices.