JingOS Roadmap

Hi,

We are going to release the first version of JingOS on Jan 31, 2021.

Before that, I think there’s a more important question which lots of our potential users are interested in: What’s the roadmap of JingOS?

So, I’m writing this post to give you a brief roadmap of JingOS in the first half of 2021.

Roadmap

JingOS v0.6: was released on Jan 31, 2021. It has been tested on Surface Pro 6, Huawei Matebook 14. This is a preview version of JingOS. You can have the control panel and notification center on your Linux tablets just like iPadOS! You can check the preview video of the JingOS v0.6 here.

JingOS v0.8: was released on Mar 31, 2021. Huge updates will be available, including the JingOS App Store, Settings, File Managers, etc. And a whole new virtual keyboard designed for Linux will be available too. OTA will be functional since v0.8. Several other devices will be tested for JingOS v0.8 besides SP6 and HM14 mentioned above.

JingOS v0.9: was released on May 31, 2021. Plenty of new functions added, like adaptive layouts, wallpaper settings, Gaussian blur effect at Notification Center and Control Panel, improved mouse click accuracy, and many more.

JingOS v1.0: will be released shortly after Aug 30, 2021. Start supporting the JingPad, which is an ARM-based device.

We will release updates every month after June.

About open sourcing:

JingOS is based on Ubuntu 20.04, KDE v5.75, Plasma Mobile 5.20. We will replace the framework from Plasma Mobile to JDE(Jing Desktop Environment) later this year.

The project has been open-sourced on GitHub: JingOS-team.

Any questions, plz leave your comments below.

各位好,

我们将在2021年1月31日发布JingOS的第一个版本。

在此之前,我认为还有一个更重要的问题,我们的许多潜在用户也对此感兴趣:JingOS的路线图是什么?

因此,我写这篇文章是为了向您简要介绍2021年上半年的JingOS路线图。

JingOS v0.6:将于2021年1月31日发布。已经在Surface Pro 6,华为Matebook 14上进行了测试。这是JingOS的预览版。您可以像iPad一样在Linux平板电脑上安装控制面板和通知中心!您可以在此处查看JingOS v0.6的预览视频

JingOS v0.8:将于2021年3月31日发布。这个版本将提供大量更新,包括JingOS应用商店、设置、文件管理器等。同时还将提供专为Linux设计的全新虚拟键盘。OTA也将自v0.8起开始支持。除了上面提到的SP6和HM14,还将在其他几款设备上测试运行JingOS v0.8。

JingOS v1.0:将于2021年6月30日发布。开始支持基于ARM的设备JingPad C1。

在6月之后,我们将每个月发布一次更新。

关于开源:

JingOS基于Ubuntu 20.04,KDE v5.75,Plasma Mobile 5.20。我们将在今年晚些时候将把框架从Plasma Mobile替换为JDE(Jing Desktop Environment)。

该项目将在GitHub上开源:JingOS-team

如有任何疑问,请在下面留下您的评论。

I wish JingOS could be support on MI PAD 4(arm64)
我希望JingOS可以在小米平板上支持(是arm64设备)

Hello, First of all, I’m very happy to seen that video, I Love linux so much, I’m working on linux 10+ hours
every day,
now I am on deepin since 3-4 years because it has more beautiful UI then ubuntu and other linux desktop distributions,

and I wish I can contribute to JingOS (maybe language translation etc)

I like so much the UI of jingOS.

希望造的漂亮一些,超过ipad