JingPad A1 - USB-C Port issues | OTG function issues

+++

Hello everybody,

I wanted to write this much earlier, but unfortunately it is only now that I am coming round to write a quick post and I think it’s an important topic. With this post I would like to double check the functionality of the JingPad A1 USB-C port. Moreover I will describe some issues I have come across…

So in the JingPad A1 device description it says:
"Wireless and Connectivity: USB Type-C interface, support OTG function and Flash Drive"

=> for me this means (correct me if I am wrong):

1. Charging with USB-C cable
  2. Insert USB-C Stick (OTG functionality)
  3. Insert USB-C type Flash Drive (OTG functionality)
  4. Insert USB-C type Headphones/ In Ear’s (OTG functionality)
  5. Insert USB-C to Audio Aux Cable Jack 3.5 mm Adapter (OTG functionality)

This is what I have tested:
1. Charging with USB-C cable
Charging works for me fine I can recommend to use one of One Plus fast chargers (this is not meant to be an advertising though) which seems to be a good compatability and charges quite fast especially after the JingOS ARM V1.1 Release (NOTE: Since these chargers are not offically checked by the Devs please use it by your own risk, I dont want that you damage your JingPad’s!!)

2. Insert USB-C Stick (OTG functionality)
I tried to use a USB stick with my JingPad and this was working not really well. So it shows the icon that a USB stick is plugged in but it takes several trails to access the files via the File Manager (20 or more trails and this was super randomly).
BUT once I plugged the stick in it showed me the charging sign and after some days I got data loss on my USB stick. I don’t want to give a false alarm, but if something is wrong with the USB port, it is relatively unsafe and dangerous to me. It seems to me the OS was trying to charge the device from the USB stick??
I used the “Moreslan USB Stick | 64GB | USB-C” which I bought 4 month ago and which is working perfect fine on other devices (such Android Smartphone, Desktop Computer). For sure the data loss could also coming from the USB stick itself I didn’t test other USB sticks yet on the JingPad. Furthermore this was happening before the JingOS ARM V1.1 Release.

Would be great to get some insight from the dev team, if this could be possible?

3. Insert USB-C Flash Drive (OTG functionality)
I haven’t tried that yet!

4. Insert USB-C Headphones/ In Ears (OTG functionality)
I haven’t tried that yet!

5. Insert USB-C to Audio Aux Cable Jack 3.5 mm Adapter (OTG functionality)
I was using an adapter with two different “in ear’s”(wired) but I was not able to get any sound out of the JingPad. The adapter works perfect fine on other devices (such Android Smartphone, Desktop Computer)

So maybe OTG is currently not supported??

Please let me know if you had a similar experience or any solutions.
Thank you!!

Best
Harald

+++

1 Like