[Tutorial] How to unlock bootloader of JingPad A1

[UPDATE] 2022-03-10
You don’t have to unlock the bootloader to flash Android ROM, since we have open sourced the Android ROM here: Android ROM source code for JingPad A1

WARNING

1. This process will erase your data. Please back up your device before attempting.
  2. Any issues that are caused by this process will not be considered as a legitimate reason to refund your device.
  3. After this process, you will need to bear the costs including repiring and related postage and tax etc.
  4. Do not share your private key

What is bootloader unlocking?

Bootloader is a program that boots up your computer into the OS. SoC Manufacturers provide a bootloader lock to safeguard the device state and to ensure the secure execution environment. By unlocking the bootloader, you are able to gain full control of your device. You can install customised firmware as well as Operating System(s). Be aware, by unlocking the bootloader and install customised items may damage your device permanently.

How to unlock bootloader?

Get the device ID

1. Connect your device to a Linux desktop
  2. Install SDK Platform Tools SDK Platform Tools release notes  |  Android Developers
  3. Download fastboot_a1 fastboot_A1 - Google 雲端硬碟
  4. Turn off your device and boot it into recovery mode: Click “Power” then “Volume Down” button. Hold both till JingPad logo appears. Then, choose “reboot into bootloader.”
  5. After booting into bootloader mode, use the following command to acquire your device ID:

fastboot_A1 oem get_identifier_token

1. Please record your device ID

Submit your device ID via Email

1. Please use [Bootloader Unlock] Order Number + Shopping Channel + Device ID as your email title
  2. Please include the following content in your email

I understand the risks of unlocking the bootloader. Any Distros not provided by JingOS Team have not been certified as compatible and there may be issues ranging from missing features to permanent hardware damage.

• Any damage JingOS Team deems related to an unlocked bootloader will be denied at JingLings discretion-

Your Name: XXX

Order Number: XXXX

Device ID: XXXX

1. Please send the email to service@jingos.com
  2. You will receive a file named unlock.bin

E.g.

Title: [Bootloader Unlock] 999 + Shopify + 1234567890123456

Content:

I understand the risks of unlocking the bootloader. Any Distros not provided by JingOS Team have not been certified as compatible and there may be issues ranging from missing features to permanent hardware damage.

- Any damage JingOS Team deems related to an unlocked bootloader will be denied at JingOS Team’s discretion-

Your Name: XXX

Order Number: XXXX

Device ID: XXXX

Unlock the bootloader

1. Boot your device into bootloader mode and connect to your Linux desktop
  2. Use the command to unlock the bootloader

$ fastboot_A1 flashing unlock_bootloader unlock.bin

1. Use Volume Down button to initiate the process
1 Like

Can this be done with a Macbook? what happens after I rooted, will it reboot back to JingOS? How to install other Linux on it, i.e. Ubuntu or Android?

A Windows or WSL 2 tutorial or hints would be awesome!

Does this tutorial apply to the C1 model? When I follow this tutorial it does not work for me.

If I plug in the device to my computer and hold the buttons as described nothing happens for 1 minute. When I release the buttons I see the Jing logo and then battery state.

If I do this without the cable plugged in when I release the buttons Android boots.

1 Like

You can use android’s ADB to reboot to recovery using (Enable usb debugging)

adb reboot recovery

But Since I never recievery my bootloader unlock key I haven’t tried yet to flash something in…

But yeah if you device get bricked IDK how to get in…

How long have you been waiting? I sent my request earlier today.

6 days and I’ve sent a reminder yesterday… but still nothing (I don’t know why they usually answer the next day)

1 Like

i just used my unlock key and it froze the boot process, the adb command (adb reboot fastboot) allowed me to get back into the fastboot menu and select reovery to do a factory reset…

When did you recieved it ? I never got mine… more than a week…

Also they don’t respond to anything like my pad has some problem to the screen and they didn’t answer… ARE THEY DEAD ?

What operating system was installed when you tried to unlock the bootloader? android or JingOS?

I’m not sure if this would make any difference I am just taking notes before I do mine.

Since you need ADB you have to use Android

You can unlock without the key from Jingling and install Ubuntu Touch!
How to Install Ubuntu Touch on the Jingpad A1/C1 | UBports Forum

I bought it used so I don’t have an Order Number and Shopping Channel … how can I request the unlock file?

Does unlocking work? Have you tried it?
I could not do it… :cry:

It works on a Windows machine with chrome only. but it works

I am in a bit of a pickle here.

I have the Jingpad that is flashed with the JingOS. I had followed the instructions on getting the bootloader unlocked by sending the Jing team the device ID. They responded back, stating that I didn’t need the codes anymore since they released the source code of the stock android rom. I resent the e-mail, asking them to give me the unlock codes anyway, and so far, no response this time around.

I would like to install Ubuntu Touch onto this pad, but without the ability to unlock the bootloader, I am not sure how I can proceed. Is there another way to unlock the bootloader? Or is there a method that I am not aware of?

Ah OK, I had only tried with Linux. Thanks so much for your reply.

Much appreciated! Thank you!

I sent an email for this on March 29th and haven’t heard back. Are you no longer unlocking bootloaders?